History Skönfärgaregården in Gamla Linköping

Skönfärgaregården was built in the 1720s, probably by the beautician Christian Fisher. The beautician's profession was to dye wool and silk in beautiful colors. The beautician lived and worked in the garden throughout the 18th century.

In 1826, the homestead was renovated by the then owner, councilor Kyllander. The former falu-red facade was then provided wit alcohol plaster and decorated window coverings.

On the ground floor there are ceiling paintings from the building period in late Baroque style. Most motifs are biblical allegories. One theory is that the paintings were made by Anders Björkman from Kalmar.

The building was originally on Klostergatan 21. The house was deconstructed in 1972 and moved to the open-air museum in Gamla Linköping's city district by 1978.